8.15.2007

colorado

well folks, i have arrived in sunny alamosa, colorado. my first week here was a whirlwind, meeting everyone involved in la puente home, learning about the town and the valley and swiftly settling into my new home. then myself and the other seven la puente volunteers went on a retreat in a small canyon snuggled amongst the san juan mountains. we mostly lounged and participated in team bonding-like activities. i also got to practice my harmonica a lot and played spades by the fire. the day after returning from the retreat was my first day at work at milagros, the la puente owned coffee shop. i have also started my work in the volunteer coordination office with allison, jenna and keirsa. all hard work but way fun and life enhancing. this valley is amazing, the people are friendly and welcoming and the scenery blows my mind every day. come visit. you will not be disappointed.
below are some fotoz from the last week or so. enjoy.
(more to come in a new post)


my housemates and two other volunteers enjoy some down
time in the kitchen at monterey house where we live.
from the left: will, kate, amy, annie, katie


one side of my room. check out the sweet bookshelf and bad ass brick wall.


my housemate, will enjoys a sampling of beers at the local brewery.

allison, katie and lori in front of the sangre de cristo mountains.

the great sand dunes north of alamosa.

No comments: